Medersa Ben Youssef
About Medersa Ben Youssef
The Medersa Ben Youssef, better known as the Koranic School, was built in 1565 under the orders of Sultan Abdellah Al Ghalib, belonging to the Saadian dynasty. The monument has hosted during this period Moroccan students from various formations including theological. La Médersa welcomed more than 900 students, including more than 100 foreigners. Composed of a basin and a prayer room, the school was richly decorated: floral motifs, marble work, cedar decorations, etc. Which it is always possible to admire today. The site was restored during the 1950s but retained all its splendor ... It is impossible to forget that the Moroccan sovereigns have made it the most recognized Koranic school in all the Maghreb.
Information Medersa Ben Youssef